Every website needs well written, engaging content to stay afloat. Without it, a website would just be a bland photo gallery with buttons to click on. You need to be able to say something that can attract readers, get them interested in what you have to offer, and hook them in to either make a purchase, read more, share, or whatever your goal is.
Here’s a quick peek at what we define as quality content. There are four key categories that must be met to have top notch content that will get the job done.
- Unique, Original Content – it’s not enough to copy and paste entertaining articles from another website. Not only is it plagiarism, but you won’t be ranked very high on the search engine. It’s best to get creative and write brand new content yourself.
- Strong Keywords – keywords are what allows search engines to figure out what your content is all about. It then uses those keywords and matches them to the searches people are making, helping users find the content they actually want. So be specific and think about what your potential readers are Googling for.
- Strong Links – if you can insert links to other helpful articles, videos, and pages, then it strengthens the quality of your content. Search engines recognize strong linking tactics and ranks them higher, making your content easier to find and enjoy.
- Honest and Accurate Information – every article you post should include some sort of interesting information. Otherwise, your article is just a boring ad, and nobody likes those. But, when including facts and tips, be sure to always be accurate. Including false information leads to upset readers, accidents, and poor reviews. Fact check first!
If your content utilizes all four of these keys, then you’re on your way to star quality content. And that means more readers! There is more invaluable tool that you should put to use in order to have the top rated content on the search engines, however. It’s called SEO.
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is part of the “Strong Keywords” category. But, it’s slightly more specific. SEO is what the search engines, like Google and Bing, use find and rank the content of the web. It then presents the highest ranked results in response to searches made by internet users.
SEO is all about understanding your target audience and what they’re looking for. If your website is about car rentals and you only service the Orlando area, then you’re already part way there. Your target audience is going to be Googling things like “car rentals in Orlando”. So, be sure to include that phrase somewhere in your content. Google will see that you exactly match the search parameters and show you top ranked to your potential buyer!
Search Engine Optimization, in a nutshell, can do the following for your business:
- Help you stand out from your competitors – because you’re ranked first, your customers will see your website first. And buyers are more likely to go with the top ranked choice because it’s, plain and simple, the easiest.
- Make your real world business online accessible – if you run an actual brick and mortar shop, it can be difficult to introduce yourself to new customers. But all of your potential buyers are online, so make yourself available in the virtual world!
- Save you money – optimizing your site for SEO doesn’t have to cost you a single penny. It’s simply writing your content in the most search engine friendly way. Virtual words are cheap, so write away.
Now you have the tools you need to find the customers you want. So get to writing the quality content your website was made for and enjoy the results!